MEDIA RELEASE/McLaren Formula 1 Team - Main Photo: Supplied The McLaren Formula 1 team have…
PRESS RELEASE/Renault Sport F1 Team – Photo: supplied
• The 2018 Singapore Grand Prix marks a double milestone for our two drivers. Nico celebrates his 150th race start in Formula 1, while Carlos lines up for his 75th.
• Since making his first Formula 1 start in Bahrain in 2010, Nico has raced 38,580km and7,619 laps, scoring 457 points. His best finish is fourth, which he has posted three times.
• Carlos made his Formula 1 debut in 2015 and has since raced 19,091km and 3,816 laps, scoring 152 points. The Spaniard’s best finish so far is fourth, which he recorded in Singapore last season, making up six positions from tenth on the grid.
• The Marina Bay Street Circuit is extreme in many ways and features the least full throttle time of the entire season as well as the most gear changes and most braking distance per lap of the calendar.
• There is the biggest contrast of full throttle time per lap of the year between the last race in Monza and Marina Bay. In Monza, drivers were at full throttle for 76% of the lap, the most of the season, while in Singapore it’s just 47%.
• Drivers will make 84 gear changes per lap, meaning just under 15,000 for an entire race weekend, which is well over double from Monza, and they will spend 1.26km of the 5.063kmlap on the brakes.
For all our news keep your eyes peeled on the Velocity Magazine website and social media, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for our daily updates and to get the latest edition of our glossy magazine subscribe here from just $55 for 6 issues.