MEDIA RELEASE/McLaren Formula 1 Team - Main Photo: Supplied The McLaren Formula 1 team have…
PRESS RELEASE/Renault Sport F1 – Photo/Graphic: Renault Media
Renault Sport Formula One Team heads to the Hungaroring for the twelfth Grand Prix of the 2018 Formula 1 season, the Rolex Hungarian Grand Prix.
Stats up close:
• Hungarian Driver Ferenc Szisz won the first official Grand Prix in 1906 in a Renault Type AK.
• Renault has won the Hungarian Grand Prix in the V10 (1990, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 2003), V8 (2010) and V6 (2014) engine eras.
• Both Damon Hill and Fernando Alonso recorded their first-ever Formula 1 wins in Hungary. Hill triumphed in 1993, while Alonso was victorious in 2003, both under Renault power. The two drivers went on to win world championship titles with Renault later in their careers.
• Renault secured its first Drivers’ world championship title with Nigel Mansell in Hungary in 1992. The Williams-Renault driver finished in second but it was enough to seal the crown.
• On this day nine years ago, Nico Hülkenberg took his third GP2 Series win in a row at the Hungaroring, on his way to winning the title in his rookie year.
• Drivers will brake for 26% of a lap at the Hungaroring, meaning 80km of the race will be spent braking; the most on the calendar. The circuit is also the most fuel sensitive of the season.
For all our news keep your eyes peeled on the Velocity Magazine website and social media, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for our daily updates and to get the latest edition of our glossy magazine subscribe here from just $55 for 6 issues.