MEDIA RELEASE/Wakefield Park – Photo: supplied
Tom Toparis Attends First Ride Day As Wakefield Park Commences Track Days. Welcome home Tom Toparis!
Wakefield Park Raceway welcomes home 2019 ASBK Supersport Reigning Champion Tom Toparis. Tom was set to compete overseas in 2020 but due to the COVID-19 he has had to return home to Goulburn NSW.
Wakefield Park Raceway is Tom’s local track where he practices frequently. As much as we wanted to see him dominate on the world stage, we are glad to see him return from Europe in time to participate in one of our first track days since recommencing.
For more information on Wakefield Park Raceways return to track days and the new restrictions please visit. www.wakefieldpark.com.au
WAKEFIELD PARK HEALTH AND SAFETY COVID-19 (from their website)
Here are the rules to make your track day a healthy and safe experience.
- It’s recommended you download the COVID-19 Government Applications.
- Random temperature checks will be conducted when you attend the venue.
- Security will be onsite to enforce all rules set out by Wakefield Park to ensure everyone’s safety, if rules aren’t abided by you will be asked to leave the venue.
- Please respect our staff and each other as we work through this process to ensure everyone’s safety.
- Passenger Session, Driver Training, Pillion Rides and sidecar Swinger are Currently not available.
- Due to current restrictions we are at present not allowing junior riders to enter events as we are limited to participants only.
- Additional Support staff, mechanics, engineers, team managers, media managers are currently not allowed.
- Wash your hands regularly. Hand sanitizer will also be provided around the venue.
- Riders and Drivers Briefing will be conducted via the P.A system.
- Numbers will be capped at each track day. Pre-booking is essential. No entries will be accepted on the day.
- Please wash your hands in the amenities before entering the Sign-On Room and rewash upon your exit of the Sign-On Room. We will also have gloves you will need to apply for entering the sign on room and removed as soon as you leave the sign on room. There will be signage on the front of the door indicating how many people can be in the sign on room, this number will be enforced. We will also have spacings of 1.5 meter to 2 meter spacings marked on the floor.
- Our Café will be restricted to pick up and take away only, all seating has now been removed. Please also follow the signage on the front door on the café which indicates the amount of people that can be in the café, this number will be enforced by staff.
- Stay at least 1.5 meters away from other people at all given times and remain in your allocated area.
- No handshakes, however we’re happy if you salute each other from a distance.
- No sharing gloves, race suits, helmets and food.
- Stay in your allocated garage or carport unless using the amenities.
- Refrain from close gatherings and please respect other people’s personal space.
- Do not attend any track day or the venue if you are unwell and experiencing symptoms such as a cough, sore throat, fever, fatigue or shortness of breath.
- Do not attend any track day or the venue if, in the last 14 days, you have been unwell or had close contact with a known or suspected case of COVID-19.
- Anyone who is unwell should see a doctor in accordance with NSW Public Health Authority guidelines.
- When you are allocated a certain zone, please do not leave this zone unless going to the amenities or cafe and please ensure not the linger while doing so.
- Participants only are allowed on site, this means no spectators, family, friends or assistance are allowed to attend any track day.
- Showers and onsite accommodation will be suspended until further notice.
- Please bring your own pen to use for sign-on if possible.
- Once your session is finished for the day we ask you leave the venue as quickly as possible.
VELOCITY MAGAZINE SUPERCARS ESERIES CATEGORY SPONSORS
For all our news keep your eyes peeled on the Velocity Magazine website and social media, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for our daily updates and to get the latest edition of our glossy magazine subscribe here from just $55 for 12 months subscription.