MEDIA RELEASE/Shell V-Power Racing Team – Images: supplied
No. 12 Shell V-Power Ford – Fabian Coulthard
R21 Starting Position (Charlotte): 21st
R21 Finishing Position (Charlotte): 3rd
R22 Starting Position (Daytona): 10th
R22 Finishing Position (Daytona): 18th
R23 Starting Position (Daytona): 17th
R23 Finishing Position (Daytona): 9th
- Coulthard has a great run in tonight’s Eseries, particularly around the Charlotte Motor Speedway oval.
- From p21 on the grid, Coulthard kept it clean and used the draft to run to the front and grab a third placed finish.
- The second race of the night at Daytona was less kind, an incident late in the race pushing Coulthard to a p18 finish.
- The last race of the evening saw a longer two-stop race at Daytona. Coulthard started 17th, and worked his way forward to finish a strong p9 at the flag.
Quote: “That was a pretty strong night tonight, we had some luck fall our way which was great. That oval race in Charlotte was good fun, and we managed to draft our way to the front, channelled a bit of Cole Trickle and jagged a podium. Grabbed a top 10 after starting p17 in the last race at Daytona too, made some good moves and enjoyed myself too so it was a good night overall.”
SIMWORX POLL: HAVE YOUR VOTE ON WHAT SUPPORTS SHOULD BE NEXT
No. 17 Shell V-Power Ford – Scott McLaughlin
R21 Starting Position (Charlotte): 20th
R21 Finishing Position (Charlotte): 27th
R22 Starting Position (Daytona): 4th
R22 Finishing Position (Daytona): 7th
R23 Starting Position (Daytona): 7th
R23 Finishing Position (Daytona): 4th
- McLaughlin had what was probably his worst night in the Eseries so far, with several incidents hurting his speed and results.
- The Charlotte race saw McLaughlin spun by rookie Jack Smith on lap one, and then another crash late in the race meaning McLaughlin finished p27.
- A couple of errors in the two Daytona races dropped McLaughlin down the pack, however was able to recover in both instances to claim p7 in the second race of the evening and a very competitive fourth in the final race of the night.
- He is now second in the points standings, 64 behind Shane van Gisbergen.
Quote: “Not a bad night tonight, but I just can’t wait to get back into the real thing now. Thanks to everyone for tuning in again this week. It’s a shame we have some pretty loose drivers in the field, and I made plenty of mistakes too so not my best night.”
FURTHER READING: MINI MUSTANG SIM CHASSIS #002 READY FOR RICK KELLY
VELOCITY MAGAZINE SUPERCARS ESERIES CATEGORY SPONSORS
For all our news keep your eyes peeled on the Velocity Magazine website and social media, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for our daily updates and to get the latest edition of our glossy magazine subscribe here from just $55 for 12 months subscription.